Monday, August 20, 2012

My new bookworm!

Dylan is reading!



He's just so proud of himself and so are we! 

The time was obviously right because he hasn't really had to try hard at all!  It's times like these I'm really glad I kept him back to start in Prep next year.  He is so ready for school now and I think his experience will be all the better for having waited. 

So, the realisation he could read happened something like this...Louis went up to reader level "G" at school and was really excited about that.  At that point I suggested to Dylan that we get the beginner readers from his Reading Eggs books so he can have a go as well.  Well, he picked up the first one and read it without help from me!  Then the second and the third!  The look on his face was priceless! 

I'm so glad he has had such a no pressure, positive experience learning to read! 

A great program that has really helped our boys so far is Reading Eggs...it is an online subscription that is worth every $$ in my opinion and is a fun and light hearted way to learn about letters and words! We purchased the reader packs that go with them also and they are a great supplement.  In saying that, I have never pressured them to use the program, it is just so much fun they choose to play themselves.

Check out: www.readingeggs.com and on facebook: www.facebook.com/readingeggs

No comments:

Post a Comment