Friday, August 7, 2015

June bits & pieces...


A random collection of photos and happenings as I have been a very slack blogger.  I actually haven't even been taking that many photos.  Maybe it's the cold weather and that we really haven't been doing very much with kids getting sick and Michael working up at the house so much.  I won't deny that I'm very excited that we are zooming up towards the end of winter and I will feel the warm sun on my skin before too much longer.

Here's one way we've been comforting ourselves over winter, Minestrone soup and homemade bread. 


 Jayden had his first excursion on a big bus.  He was so excited!



 My great friend Jenn and her daughter Josie...


loading up bags on the bus...


 Love that he's happy to look and wave to me, I'm going to hold on to that as long as I can!


 Jenn sent me this photo of them on the bus...they had a huge day out visiting places around town like the schools and police station.  Lots of fun...


We had a pretty quiet school holidays with me working and it being so cold.  Luckily Nanna came to watch the boys both Mondays and Michael and his Mum handled Wednesdays and Fridays.  So lucky to have family around to help!

Jayden was practising his writing...


Louis and Ethan had the paints out one morning.  I love seeing them be creative but don't always enjoy when it's all left for me to clean up! Haha.



 Here's some of that bad weather I was talking about...we even had a bit of hail...


Louis and Dylan's Cub Scout group...the boys are absolutely loving it! Those leaders do such an amazing job and spend so much time providing a great program.  So lucky to have them!


Jayden's epic car set up...I'm not sure if you can see but all of those cars are aimed at one little figurine.  Poor little guy...haha.



and lastly a great book that I read on habits.  Well worth a read and it really made a lot of sense.  I'm one of those people that really thrive on having some certain habits and routines as long as I have "free time" as well.  I don't think I'd cope following a strict schedule at all times.  More than anything it just helped me to become more aware of what works for me and what doesn't because that's really the key to any system or idea being successful.  I think too often we try and follow what works for someone else and wonder why it fails for us when it just doesn't really suit our personality at all.  Sometimes I think we all make life way harder than it needs to be! 


The end. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment