Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ethan's 1st day of Kinder

Looking very proud in his kinder jumper!


Yesterday, Ethan had his first day of 3yo Kinder.  Oh  my what a big boy!  It is so rewarding watching them grow up and gain confidence and independence but it's so bittersweet.  I'm grateful for him to be able to sleep well, feed himself and wipe his own bum but that's about the limit right now!

 Note: There will rarely be a clear photo of Ethan because he never stays still! Lol...


He was a little hesitant at first, hiding behind my leg and holding my hand, but after having a big jump on the trampoline he all of a sudden looked up at me and said "You can go now Mum!"
 
"You can go now Mum"  

I left and sat in the car and reflected on the fact that my big 3 1/2 year old boy was now a Kinder boy! How did the last 3 1/2 years go so fast? It seems in the blink of an eye he went from the most gorgeous little baby (who at 3 months old spent the next 3 months screaming) to crawling, walking, running, talking, spending almost every waking hour on the Ipad! Lol...


The time goes so fast, it is so important to appreciate all of those little things.  The smell of their hair, little fingers holding on to ours, big squeezy cuddles and yep, even the crying and tantrums.  They are all what makes up our little people and it's often how we choose to remember it that has the biggest impact.  All children cry and get frustrated at times.  I'm choosing to remember those things not as part of them being a difficult child but as part of them just being a child full stop. 


I'm choosing to remember the smiles, laughs (oh those laughs that are so uncontrollable for little ones)  big eyes, tickles, big bellies, toddler walks, determination in standing and walking, eating favourite foods with such passion (yes, smearing it all over their little faces and hair) big kisses, chasey through the house, bopping to music, ....OK, I'll stop...have I mentioned lately that I'm clucky! Lol...I don't know what life looks like without little kids and babies anymore and as I get closer to that stage I may have these moments of completely freaking out!  Which is alright, because it just goes to show how much I've enjoyed these years!  Nothing has made me more complete than becoming a mother and nothing has challenged me more.  I'm forever grateful for the 4 little men that are in my life. 

"NO MORE PHOTO'S"


OK, big soppy mess of a post! Lol...god help me when they're all at school!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment