Monday, May 20, 2013

Joey Scouts Sleepover

Louis had his first Scout sleepover! Dylan was also lucky enough to come along as he's nearly 6 and has been attending weekly for a little while.  He was beyond excited about that little fact!  I was feeling more lucky than both of them to be able to attend as a parent helper...although to be honest I was a little worried about how crazy it would be with a room full of 6 and 7yo boys! It turned out to be so much fun though and I was so happy to spend such a solid amount of time with the both of them.  They were both so happy to have me as well, which I enjoyed so much because I know it won't probably last very long!!


Setting up their beds...



Dylan was in his element.  He's such a social butterfly! 


They all made their own pizza's for dinner...


and then we headed off for a walk around Benalla...


Louis looking for the ducks...


Dylan enjoying the walk...


The weather was just gorgeous - perfect for an evening walk...














We returned back to the scout hall for some glow in the dark painting...


and late night movies...very late night movies!  I had fallen asleep before the last movie finished - it was after midnight! 


Breakfast with some very sleepy kids...


Some last minute games before home time...




All 3 of us had an awesome time! The Joey Scouts program has been such a great activity for the boys.  This was back in February (I'm still catching up on my blog posts!) however now that we're heading into winter we're taking a break.  Joey Scouts runs about 45min away from us and I'm just not really willing to take the risk driving in the dark, on wet roads later at night.  The amount of kangaroo's and wombats on the roads are enough to put me off.  We're hoping that Mansfield Scouts will open up a Cub scout program soon so that Louis can jump into which would solve all of our problems!  Otherwise we we will wait until term 4 to jump in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment