Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Vintage: QLD holiday...May 2004

We were so excited for this holiday!  We got great prices on flights and amazingly I kept a brief journal of our adventures.  Unfortunately, our photos turned out pretty terrible due to some moisture or something on the lens so they all look a little fuzzy but it tells the story well enough!

Wednesday 26th May:
Up early at Beans house ready to travel to the airport.  I had butterflies the whole way.  Dropped off the car a the Holiday Inn where Bean got us free parking.  She drove us over to the airport in the shuttle bus.  We checked in and dropped off our bags and grabbed some brekky from Hudsons.  We headed down to gate 1 and just waited.  We asked for window seats so we got seat 1A and 1B which meant we had leg room as well.  It was all a bit exciting.

The takeoff was so fast and it was a bit scary!  I was surprised how quick the flight actually was.  It was great to see everything from so high up.  We flew into Brisbane airport at 9am.  We purchased tickets for the airtrain and it took us 90 minutes to Helensvale.

We then caught the bus to Treasure Island holiday park.  We were a little early but they let us check in.

The park was great with a tennis court, pools and spas.  We settled in and headed over to the shopping centre which was full of discount shopping.  The weather was humid and warm.

Thursday 27th May: We caught the bus to Surfers Paradise and decided to hire a car.  We ended up with a great little Hyundai Getz.  We went down to the beach and had lunch at Pizza Hut.  We had a sunbake at the beach but didn't swim.  It was a little cooler today. We had a nice spa back at the park.

Friday 28th May:  We had a sleep in and went for drive.  We had some lunch and had a swim at Surfers.  The water was so warm.

Saturday 29th May: Wet N Wild!   So much fun.  We came home, grabbed some dinner and headed down to Tweed Heads and saw some amazing fireworks.

Sunday 30th May: We had a sleep in, had a shop, lunch, hit of tennis, swim and spa.   A relaxing day.

Monday 31st May: We dropped off our hire car and caught the bus to Sea World.  I was so excited to swim with the dolphins.  It was amazing!  

Michael went snorkelling with the sharks which he enjoyed also. 

We both went on the corkscrew and got an instant headache!  I don't know if either of us were built for rollercoasters! 

It was a huge day and we went home and had an early night.  Our last night...sigh.

Tuesday 01st June: We slowly got organised and packed our gear up and headed to the station.  We did not want to go home!
Had a great flight home and when we picked up my car the lights weren't working so Michael luckily was clever enough to fix them somehow.
We drove home via Mums house to pick up our pet rats.  Yes, we had pet rats at the time.  (It was fun, but I highly doubt we'll ever get them again).

Such a fun holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment