Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Adventure in the bush

It was such a beautiful Autumn day that I thought it would be a great idea to jump in Michael's 4wd and take the boys up the bush! 

Dylan and Louis excited to head off on an adventure!

Louis especially was very excited to see all the amazing huge rocks as we headed deeper into the bush. 


We came to the small creek and headed off for a trek...all was going well until poor Ethan tripped and landed on a blackberry bush...



Back into the 4wd to find some rocks to climb on...in that time Ethan fell asleep in the car and all was going well until we climbed onto an awesome rock and Louis started jumping around screaming! We ripped his pants off to find he had been bitten by a Bull ant not once but 8 times!  Rotten little thing had climbed up into his pants leg...


Quickly heading back to the car I walked into the biggest spider web!! As I looked back I thought I could see a huge spider so I'm jumping around screaming for Michael to get it off me when all it was was some leaves caught up in the web.  Kids thought it was funny...


Back safely in the car we headed on the 4wd track back home...


Nature is a beautiful thing, however it always pays to be alert and have a first aid kit!! 

How do you find ways to connect with nature as a family? 

No comments:

Post a Comment