Thursday, November 1, 2018

Health & Wellness baby steps


We all know we feel so much better when we look after our bodies with enough sleep, water, nutritious food and exercise.

I'm not sure why I fall off the bandwagon so often but I figure as long as I keep getting back on then I'm progressing and doing more than if I gave up full stop.

So I'm beginning with 2 baby steps towards improving my health:

1. Sleep 8 hours - I know some people can do well on less and some need more but 8 hours is about right for me when I'm in a good routine. Technically I could go to sleep at 11pm and get up at 7am but I'll be progressively trying to get to bed earlier and rise earlier over the next week or two.  I know it is much better for my wellbeing to switch it this way.  So, basically I'll just change my sleep time by half an hour every couple of days or so.  10.30pm bedtime/ 6.30am rise then 10.00pm bedtime/6.00am rise with the end goal being a 9.30pm bedtime/5.30am rise.  We'll see how it goes!

Image result for sleep quote

2. Drink 2 litres of water daily - There are a whole lot of formulas about how much to drink depending on body weight and activity levels but if I aim for this I know I will have had plenty.  I have a large 2 litre water bottle that I'll fill up in the morning and try to finish by the end of the day.  Normally in this adjustment period I'll have to wee every 30 seconds but hopefully my bladder will go stronger quickly. Ha ha. 

Image result for water


I know I haven't added in exercise yet, but I want to get my sleeping organised first so that I'm ready to add it in at 6.00am.  Basically, I'll post again when I've successfully adjusted these baby steps. 

Do you normally sleep enough each night and drink enough water throughout the day?  

No comments:

Post a Comment