Saturday, September 5, 2015

August bits & pieces...

A few bits and pieces from August.

The boys have been doing little RAKs (Random Act of Kindess) for us...this was Dylans creative version for me made with the kinetic sand...


Life has some amazing big moments...falling in love, getting married, having children, going on long awaited holidays...but at the end of the day our lives are mostly made up of ordinary, everyday moments and I want to make the most of them a whole heap more...



This print came with the A Beautiful Mess Happy mail monthly subscription...Love it!


I had a sick Mr. Ethan at home...poor little munchkin was really unwell for a couple of days...



We trekked down to the suburbs to celebrate my niece and nephews birthday...

Happy Birthday Lachlan and Chloe! 


My brother and his beautiful family...


Little Emily is getting so big!



My Dad...


Michael busy working on the plaster...



Jayden finally got his new car seat...he feels like such a big kid now!


I surprised the boys with a mysterious happy  mail parcel in the post of the new Andy Griffiths book.  This series is so fun for the boys to read.  While Louis looked at me and knew straight away that I had "sent" it, the other boys were just surprised! Haha.


Date & walnut loaf...so yum...


Michael took Louis over to his parents and Louis had a try of the air rifle.  Not my cup of tea but he was so excited about it...I guess that may be part of boys growing up in the country!



A Jayden and Mummy selfy...sometimes it's just go to be done...


We had our monthly chiro visit and thought we'd spoil the family to a dinner out afterwards (instead of the usual take away).  Michael chose the pub and we were quickly reminded as to why we very rarely go out for dinner with all six of us.  The boys did so well and were very patient but the bigger boys weren't very satisfied with the kids meals anymore, they forgot our main meals (we didn't get them until 8.10pm!) and by then the boys were so tired we scoffed it paid the $123 total and got out of there!  $123 for a family of 6 to go to the pub???  Maybe we've just been out of it for a long time but that is a lot of money to us and definitely wasn't worth it.  We won't be doing that again in a hurry! 





This was a lot of fun...we painted a piece of acrylic and used a cotton bud to make our pattern/pictures and then printed on a piece of paper.  We loved how they turned out!



Finally a bike ride with the boys.  Trying to fit it in on a beautiful sunny winters day but just before we start to get the magpies swooping!  Louis and Dylan were tired after a scout camp but Ethan was very excited.  Not a great photo but good for the memories!


Thanks August...you've been great but we really are hanging out for the warmer weather now!







1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful things here! The random act of kindness from the kids is the sweetest. Beautiful Mess blog is great and I was curious about their Happy Mail. Poor Ethan hope he recovered quickly. Was it a domino effect where the whole family got sick? I know what you mean about dinner at the pub but it's less than half of that for us. Sometimes I can't stand the kitchen any more and I need a break but when we spend the money out, I think that money is three days worth of food at home. When I lived in the city I was against guns till I moved to the country, had boys and realised that they do have their place. Too funny! Max gets swooped riding around Jindabyne Lake every Summer.

    ReplyDelete