Monday, January 7, 2013

My focus for 2013...

As amazing as 2012 was, I'm looking forward to 2013 even more!  There's something exciting about starting a new year, the fun to be had, lessons to be learnt, love to be shared and no doubt new challenges to overcome.

So I've decided my new focus word for 2013 is:

Organisation

May not sound that interesting too many, however I see it as a gateway to time, fun and connection with my family.
I've never been a naturally organised person.  It's something that I have to work on, consistently, especially with 4 boys. 
I touched on it here also. 

When I'm disorganised I'm running late, I can't find things, bills are paid late, we can't find clean washing, I get frustrated and grumpy and feel like I'm running on constant overwhelm.

When I'm organised life runs a lot smoother.  I have time to stop and be in the moment with my boys, I'm not irritated by interruptions.  I make healthier food.  We have time to play and go on adventures.  I have time to leave notes in lunchboxes and read books.  We have time to help others and are more likely to treat others kindly.  Our home is ready to welcome friends and family.  The positives are endless. 

We are so enjoying the ease of summer living right now, not having to be anywhere or do anything!  We are in for a busy year with Louis heading off to Grade 2, Dylan in Prep, Ethan in 4yo kinder and Jayden in 3yo kinder.  After school activities, kinder duty and the running (and organising) of our home and family will keep me accounted for that's for sure.

People wonder how I manage 4 boys and how I haven't lost my mind but seriously, just look at these faces... 


Louis

Dylan (with a wii remote near his head)

Ethan

Jayden

They are seriously the greatest boys!  They are so kind and caring and give the best cuddles. They are smart, funny and energetic.  They also have some intense moods, tantrums and attitudes.  I love every part of them though and am so grateful that we all have each other. 

Yep, it's going to be an awesome year!

No comments:

Post a Comment