Wednesday, March 13, 2013

First days of school and kinder!

What a huge beginning of 2013 with all 4 of my boys attending school or kinder!  It was a staggered start for them all but quick enough to have me wondering where all the years have gone. 

Louis is in Grade 2 this year with a new male teacher.  He was super excited especially as most of his classmates are the same as last year.  He is actually enjoying having a more strict teacher and I think it's come at a really great time now that he's a little older.  He is reading chapter books almost every night and other than that doesn't have any other homework to complete which is nice.  He seems to have a really great little group of friends that he likes to hang out with.  They have a system at the school where  you get your name on the board if you're misbehaving or have done something you shouldn't and if that happens 3 times you get the "red folder".  I believe that means a note home to the kids parents and a "detention" at lunchtime.  The boys know that if they stay out of trouble we'll have a trip to the movies as a reward at the end of term.   



A day later Dylan has his first ever day of Prep!!!  He was so excited but also quite nervous.  He has the nicest teacher and is just thriving at school.  He is reading so well and just absolutely trying his best at everything.  His artwork is so great to see also.   He's really giving everything a go and has such a great attitude.  I'm just so proud of him!!







We even made the cover of the local newspaper!!

On to Ethan...this big boy was so excited to start 4yo kinder!  He is absolutely loving it and has really bonded with his teacher.  He's enjoying trying out the arts and crafts and loves playing outside.  (I have always struggled getting them into art and craft so when they have a go I'm so pleased!) He's always looking forward to his kinder days but I'm so glad that I have him home with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays!  They increased the hours this year so he is at kinder Monday and Wednesday 8.45-2.45pm and then Friday 8.45-11.45am.  




Last but not least is my little Jayden.  He's attending a 3yo kinder session on Fridays the same time as Ethan's kinder.  He's not quite 3 yet so I've been staying with him for the session as I'm not allowed to leave him while he's still 2.  This also means that he'll be attending 3yo kinder again next year as I'd rather him be a little older when he starts school.  He has a great teacher who is such fun with the kids. It's taken a couple of weeks for him to start to feel more comfortable there and warm up but I'm sure he'll be fine.  He loves the whole concept of it  (which is mostly because he doesn't want to miss out on all the fun his brothers are having)...  





So that's it...all 4 boys at school or kinder.  It's funny, I've had a few people ask what I'm going to do with all of my "free time".  All my free time consists of 1 x 3 hour block in which I'll be mostly volunteering for kinder duty and hopefully also be able to help out at the school.  So, no real free time this year although that suits me just fine.  My free time will come around soon enough, for now I'm going to enjoy each minute I get to spend with my little boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment