Saturday, January 1, 2005

Back in time: My childhood memories #1

Here's a selection of old scanned photos that help to tell the story of my childhood.  It was a great one and my parents certainly did the best that they could.  I'm so thankful for my experiences and my family although part of my journey was learning to look at things that way.  My own poor attitude affected me more than anything that they may or may not have done.  We can be our own worst enemy at times if we focus on the negative and then sadly miss seeing all of the positive...

How cute were my Mum and Dad on their wedding day?  Mum was 17!

 My family home in Gladysdale, Victoria in the midst of renovating...

My Nanna and Pop (My mums parents), they had 8 children and came over to Australia from Holland in 1952.

 My Grandma...They came over from England in the early 50's.  My Grandpa died before I was born. 

 I arrived into the world on the 23rd May, 1981


 Around 6 months old...


My beautiful Mum...

 My handsome Dad...

 Mum, Dad and I

 My sister Sharon, me and my brother Robbie...








 We took my brother to Tasmania to play in a tennis competition...it was my first (and last for a long time) time on an aeroplane.  Although coming from a non-religious family, I apparently looked out of the plane window and asked why I couldn't see God.  Haha.




  Me at Phillip Island...I'm guessing I'm about 4yo.


No comments:

Post a Comment