Wednesday, January 5, 2005

Love Story #1: The story begins...


on the evening of Saturday 16th May 1998.

It was our friend Grants 18th birthday party.

I had arrived at the party on my own and was very nervous.  It can be nerve wracking at 16 years old to attend parties. 

This wasn't my usual group of friends either. 

I saw a very tall, very spunky boy and thought I would chat with him.  He was friendly and we laughed and had a joke.  His name was Michael and although I had only seen him once or twice before I was very quickly smitten. 

Somehow over the course of the night we shared a kiss and then the rest of the night was a blur...sometimes things may not have the best (or sober) of beginnings due to a number of reasons, but I do believe when something is meant to be, it is meant to be. 

Who would have thought 16 years later, 4 children and numerous house moves I'd be writing our story.  For our family.  To record the beginning. 

In this time we have learnt and grown together.  Been through rough times and amazing times. 

If there's one thing I've learnt, it's this is life.  Up and down, light and dark, happy and sad, exciting and mundane, easy and hard. 

I wanted to record some of the earlier memories in an easy format to view for those that want to.  For any of our children as they grow and maybe even our grandchildren one day.  These are my thoughts of our past and some lessons that we've learnt along the way. 

I start this with the intention of preserving memories and celebrating our family. 

2 people that fell in love, had 4 beautiful boys and wanted to give them the best life we are capable of. 

We're not perfect, far from it.  We are not perfect parents.  But we love, with all of our heart and wish the best for our family, current and future. 

I'm so filled with gratitude, that I have had the opportunity to meet the love of my life.  At such a young age as well.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to grow a family and learn with them. 

This is our story. 

With lots of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment