Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Back in time: Crazy teenage years #4

There was a storm brewing in those early years.  My emotions were all over the place and with a certain amount of instability at home it just grew and grew.  Mum and Dad spent all of their time working and all of the great family foundation that I grew up with began to crumble before my eyes.  No weekends away, no boating, no camping.  I was expected to be more and more independent, so from the age of about 14-15yo I began cooking my own dinner and eating alone at night. I woke in the morning to an empty house and returned from school to an empty house.  I was lonely and I started looking for that love and family that I so yearned for but felt was missing.

Unfortunately, I happened to look for it in all of the wrong places...

Thankfully, at my new school I had made an amazing group of friends.  I really couldn't have imagined a better group.  The parties began to occur more frequently and everyone always looked out for each other.

School was a struggle for me.  I didn't have future career goals, so I just really didn't see the point.  I would often leave early and go shopping or just head home.  I was craving "adulthood" and whatever that meant.  I wanted to start living life and I felt like I couldn't do that at school. 

 My friend Marnie and I at her year 10 formal...

 My nephew Luke arrived in January 1997, I was so excited and he was the most gorgeous little baby!

 Another ski trip with school, this time to Mt Buller...

 In year 11 I did my Debutante Ball...

 Parties...

 Friends...

More parties...

 A trip up to Pambula beach with my friend Liz...

 My year 12 photo...

I'm so lucky that my story turned out well...I imagine it really could have been the start of a very rocky road downhill.  Yes, I rebelled a little, drank too much and kissed too many boys.  

Little did I know that half way through 1998, while I was still in year 12, that my love story was about to begin...



No comments:

Post a Comment