Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Vintage: 2003 and planning our wedding...

We settled into my brothers house and I launched my dance school, which was so much fun.

We were planning a September wedding, however after heading away for Easter we got all excited and decided to make it on our closer to our anniversary.  In May...yep...less than 2 months from Easter.

We didn't want to spend a lot of money as we were saving for a house so we it was definitely going to be a wedding on a budget.

We decided to only invite immediate family and our bridal party.  So very small.

There were a number of people very, VERY unhappy with us but we felt like this was what was right for us.

At this point it didn't seem to matter what choices we made we always seem to ruffle some feathers.

In saying all of that we were SO excited!  I've written a blog post here about how we managed to keep costs down to around $4000 and we really didn't feel like we missed out on any of the special details.

So...a week before the wedding I had my hens night with a few close friends.  We headed out for a night in the city and stayed over in a hotel.  It was such a fun night.





I was still 21 and about to get married!  Wow, that sounds crazy now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment