Thursday, January 13, 2005

Love Story #9: Life changing moments...


My last consistent diary entry was written on the 18th December 1999.

"Mum and Dad are seperating and I will have no where to live - This is a really good Christmas present.  I don't know what to do".

Wow, was this a big deal for me.  I was so upset and disappointed.  Even as an 18 year old, an adult.  Life was forever changed. 

My mum had been working long hours and not around at home for a long time.  I knew that things weren't great but I never expected it to actually happen.

I had already been very independent for years.  I cooked my own meals, washed my own clothes from the age of probably 15yo or younger.  I knew I could look after myself, but at the time it felt like I was rushed into actually leaving home.

As luck would have it (and I truly believe all things happen for a reason) my best friend Bean was looking to move out of home also to attend university.  Thank goodness I could take on this huge change with a friend.  Even through all of the turmoil and upheaval of my parents seperating at least I had a plan for the next part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment